AoFAQ Level 3 Award in Paediatric Emergency First Aid
Compliance and Regulatory Requirements:
The AoFAQ Emergency Paediatrics First Aid is a regulated qualification specific to infants aged under 1, and children aged from 1 year old to the onset of puberty. It is ideal for parents and babysitters.
The AoFAQ Emergency Paediatrics First Aid is a stand alone qualification, it also forms Unit 1 of the AoFAQ Paediatrics First Aid qualification. Where Unit 2 is completed within 10 weeks, this qualifications can be converted to the AoFAQ Paediatrics First Aid Qualification.
Note: The AoFAQ Paediatrics First Aid qualification is suitable for school staff, childcare providers, childminders in schools, nursery schools, pre-schools and staff involved in childminding. It fulfils the requirements of the statutory framework for the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) as issued by the department for Education and Skills Foundation Stage relating to Early Years childcare.
Also approved by the Association of First Aiders.
Course Duration: Typically 1 day
Guided Learning Hours: 10 (this qualification requires a minimum of 6 classroom hrs.)
Learning Outcomes and Assessment Criteria:
- Understand the role and responsibilities of the paediatric first aider
- Be able to assess an emergency situation safely
- Be able to provide first aid to an infant/child who is unresponsive and breathing normally
- Be able to provide first aid to an infant/child who is unresponsive and not breathing normally
- Be able to provide first aid to infant/child who has a foreign body airway obstruction
- Be able to provide first aid to an infant/child with external bleeding
- Understand how to provide first aid to an infant/child who is suffering from shock
- Understand how to provide first aid to an infant/child with anaphylaxis
The practical Learning Outcomes are assessed by observation.
Multi Choice Questions (MCQ) for theory and underpinning knowledge.
To Awarded this qualification the Learner must 100% pass of the assessments carried out by observation together with a percentage pass in the MCQ paper.Fareham Innovation Centre,
Merlin House, 4 Meteor Way,
Lee on Solent.
P: (023) 93 877683