Crude Oil Washing
Purpose of Course
The Crude Oil Washing (COW) Course will focus on understanding the reasons for crude oil washing and how this is achieved on board tankers carrying crude oil in bulk.
The Learning Objective is to understand how to perform crude oil washing safely, with reference to MARPOL 73/78 Regulations and in accordance with the tanker's COW Manual and Marine Terminal Requirements.
Admission Requirements: Ships Officers
Duration: 1 day
Reasons for COW
- MARPOL Regulations
- Example of Contents - COW Manual
- Completion of Checklists, Forms and Record keeping
- Different Types of Crudes
- Terminal requirements for COW
- Example of special COW requirements - Charterer or Terminal for certain crudes
- Suez max vessel
- Deep-well pump vessel
- Different types of COW Machines
- Slop Tanks
- Preparation before operation
- Operation to wash a tanks
- Demonstration in Suez Max Model
- Demonstration in Product Tanker Model
Merlin House, 4 Meteor Way,
Lee on Solent.
P: (023) 93 877683