Disability Awareness & Assistance
Who needs this course?
Our Disability Awareness Training gives an excellent introduction to all employees and management in an area where many feel uncomfortable and uncertain but overwhelmingly want to get things right. The aim of this training is to help your employees to be more confident in their day-to-day dealings with disabled people.
Apart from understanding your moral obligations, there's also the legal side to think about. The Disability Discrimination Act has now been replaced by The Equality Act 2010, yet many people do not understand the implications this has for disabled people, their families, service providers and employers.
- What is disability?
- The different types of disability
- Legislation regarding customers and disability discrimination
- Legislation regarding employees and disability discrimination
- Practical advice on how to meet the needs of disabled people whether they are customers or colleagues
- The definition of disability and the different models
- Disability myths and misconceptions
- Why disability matters
- Making things fair: what the law says
- Better communications
- The importance of language and avoiding assumptions
Upon completion of the training you will be more self-assured and, therefore, able to give disabled people the same high-level of service that you undoubtedly give to everyone else.
By the end of our course, you will be able to:
- Identify the difference between the medical & social models of disability
- Approach and assist disabled customers or clients with confidence
- Identify potential barriers disabled people face and potential solutions
- Understand disability legislation, including the equality act, to a basic level
- Be aware of disability and misconceptions
- Understand the importance of language and avoiding assumptions
Merlin House, 4 Meteor Way,
Lee on Solent.
P: (023) 93 877683