Field Service Engineers
Who is this training course for?
This course has been designed for Field Service Engineers working in repair & maintenance of engines either in the Marine or Industrial Fields who need to grasp basic electrical system knowledge quickly. It is ideal for Engineers, fitters (mechanical & electrical) or mechanical engineers/technicians wishing to refresh/ upgrade their knowledge & experience of electrics. The course deals with the main aspects of Marine/Industrial
Electrics & Power generation from first principles of electromagnetism to fault diagnosis on electrical equipment.
DURATION: 2 — 3 Days (Depending on requirements)
- Principles of electricity and electromagnetism
- Safe working practices
- Operation of systems, sensors & actuators
- Batteries & battery charging systems
- Basic principles of 3 phase power generation and control
- Principles of the operation of electric motors.
- Other electrical components and principles can be added at customers‘ request, e.g. Motors & starters.
- Use of electrical test equipment
- Fault finding techniques
- Testing & fault diagnosis on electrical circuits and equipment.
- Electrical craft skills
N.B. This course can be extended by one day (optional) to Inc.
- Electrical Craft Tools
- Soldering Techniques
- Crimping Techniques
- Wiring & Looming Techniques
Merlin House, 4 Meteor Way,
Lee on Solent.
P: (023) 93 877683