Disability Awareness & Assistance for Passenger Ship Operations (EU1177)
Who should attend this course?
All staff with a direct contact to passengers
What will you learn?
- Awareness of and appropriate responses to passengers with disabilities.
- Barriers faced by disabled persons and persons with reduced mobility.
- Recognise assistance dogs, including the role and the needs of an assistance dog
- Dealing with unexpected occurrences
- Interpersonal skills and methods of communication.
- How to assist wheelchair users.
- Understanding of different types of equipment.
- The use of boarding and de-boarding assistance equipment & procedures.
- An understanding of the need for reliable and professional assistance.
The Disability Awareness & Disability Assistance is in compliance with Annex IV of Regulation EU1177/2010 and has been developed to identify and assist persons with reduced mobility as defined by article 3 of the act.