Quality Policy and Objectives
It is the policy of the Company to provide clients with services that comply with ISO 9001, the Maritime Labour Convention 2006 and all industry specific, statutory, regulatory and legal requirements.
The Directors of Bachmann Recruitment and Bachmann Training recognise that the disciplines of quality are an integral part of its management function and views this as their primary responsibility and the key to good business practice. This level of quality is achieved through adoption of a system of procedures that reflect the competence of the Company to existing clients, potential clients and independent auditing authorities.
Achievement of this policy involves all staff, who are individually responsible for the quality of their work, resulting in a continually improving working environment for all.
The Company emphasises the need to meet and maintain all our quality expectations by:
- Committing to operating a Quality System in compliance with ISO 9001.
- Ensuring compliance with relevant industry specific standards and all statutory, regulatory and legal requirements.
- Constantly pursuing the quality, value and reliability of service to Clients and striving to meet and, where possible, exceed Client expectations, thereby maximising total satisfaction.
- Enhancing the skills of management and staff through review and actively pursuing an on-going training policy, the objective of which is to prepare staff to perform their work more effectively and improve their professional skills.
- Ensuring all training is carried out to specifications set out by regulatory bodies when accredited, all certification is monitored. All participants of courses either at NuWave premises or client premises are advised of all health and safety aspects and giving training using suitably qualified instructors.
- Ensuring that in our recruitment and placement service we will not, at any time, use any means which may prevent a seafarer from gaining employment for which they are qualified or charge any fees directly or indirectly to the seafarer in respect of the provision of our services other than the costs of personal medical certificates and travel documents .
To maintain an effective Quality Assurance System, the Company has in place the following measurable Quality Policy Objectives:
To meet or exceed serevice expectations of crew/clients to enhance customer satisfaction.
Crew and Client Satisfaction Surveys will be conducted at least once a year the results of which will be logged and the output analysed to ensure continual/sustained improvement. Results will be reported to Management Review Meetings.
To implement prompt action in respect of non-conformities, complaints observations and recommendations.
Non-conformities, complaints, observations and recommendations will be logged and actioned with the minimum of delay. Records of all corrective and/or preventive actions and their effectiveness will be maintained.
Non-conformance reports will be analysed, reviewed, discussed and minuted at Management Review Meetings.
To provide the training and development required for staff to improve existing and achieve new skills.
Staff Capability/ Performance/Appraisal Reviews will be carried out on a regular basis. Requirements for any additional training will be identified and target dates set for completion following each review
A Responsibility Matrix is in place and details areas of responsibility and authority of staff in respect of business processes.
To carry out regular reviews of the QMS in order to monitor compliance and facilitate continual improvements.
A programme of Internal Audits will ensure all areas of the QMS are Audited against the standard at least once a year.
Management Review Meetings will be conducted at least twice a year to monitor performance of the Quality System and will include a review of Objectives to determine whether or not they are being met and establish the requirements for additional/new objectives.